Thursday, August 26, 2010

On Blogging...

So, I'm new to this...  Yes, I know: this is the perfect case of the 'badly fitted shoe-maker', me being an IT consultant and all.  You'd think I'd be at the top of it all and up-to-date with the latest trends in the computer world...  The thing is, I spend most of my time making, teaching or studying art, and there just isn't enough time for anything else!  By day, I work as an IT consultant, and by night, I make clay sculptures and teach the art of clay.  I'm also a student at the Academy of Art University of San Francisco, studying towards my BFA which I hope to achieve in a few years.

Then why blogging, you might ask?  Well, first of all, this exercise is in part a response to a challenge from my success coach at the Academy - they do that a lot, issue challenges!  Mostly, this blog is intended to complement my artist's portfolio that you can view at this address, www.mdgauthier.com; I'll be talking about my experience on the process of making art, studying it and being an artist.  Second of all, I thought this blog would be a great tool to keep my writing skills sharp, and would also serve as an introspection of some sort which I feel is essential in my evolution as an artist.  Lastly, I thought that if I was going to write about all that, I might as well share it with whomever is interested to know about my artistic journey instead of keeping it to myself as a digital journal: it might just inspire someone into becoming an artist, or offer another perspective on the art world that hadn't been considered before.  It is, if you will, my way of giving back a bit of what art has brought me.

I don't promise a daily post, far from it.  But I'll do my best to keep posting on a regular basis, maybe weekly, and in the process share a part of this fantastic journey of learning to be an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment